1. Your diet plan should be easily incorporated into your daily life. If a the plan doesn't seem like something that will easily blend in with your lifestyle and the amount of time that you have on a daily basis, then it is not a realistic weight loss plan for you. Your key to success in losing weight is finding a program that will easily fit into your unique lifestyle.
2. You need a weight loss system that doesn't require a lot of radical changes. If it the program you choose requires you to make drastic changes right out of the gate, you are setting yourself up for failure before you even begin. In order to be successful in your journey to lose weight you must be willing to make changes, but the plan must allow you to at least semi-gradually incorporate the changes into your life.
3. You also need a diet plan that doesn't deprive you of your favorite foods. Foregoing your favorite foods is the #1 reason why most diet plans fail. You need a plan that teaches you how you can eat your favorite foods and still lose weight. Otherwise you will return to your favorite foods and regain the weight you just worked so hard to lose.
4. Your diet plan should help you avoid "scale screeching plateaus". Nothing is more frustrating during your journey to lose weight than hitting the "dreaded plateau" where your scale refuses to budge! If you don't continue to lose weight each and every week, then discouragement, frustration, depression and all sorts of weight loss defeating attitudes show up. You have to find a diet program that keeps the weight loss momentum going!
5. Your diet plan must allow you to have variety of foods and calories. To lose weight fast you must be able to vary your foods and calories. Any program that makes you eat the same category/types of foods and/or the same amount of calories, day-in & day-out, is a program that will surely not give you the fast nor long-term weight loss that you are seeking. Make sure you research a permanent weight loss solution that allows for a vast variety in your food choices as well as your calories intake range.
6. You don't just want to lose weight fast, you also want to find a diet plan that will allow you to sustain your weight loss. Make sure that any diet plan that you consider has a maintenance aspect to it as well.